Human Growth Factors that Really Work!
One of the hottest and most talked about topics in skin treatment is Growth Factors. It sounds great, but up until now it just didn’t work very well. The concept was good but the science and products didn’t deliver. The problem was the source of the growth factors (bovine, not human) and how they were produced.
Now, for the first time, Shire Facial Plastic Surgery, in Chattanooga,TN, has skin care products produced from Human Growth Factors! Adult human dermal fibroblasts were seeded to produce the specific growth factors TGFb-3, bFGF, IL 8 & 12, bFGF, IL-6, 7 & 8, TGFb, and VEGF. Since the correct factors have been isolated from human cells, we now actually have a growth factor that functions clinically (in real life!).
Growth Factors are proteins that bind to receptors on the cell surface, with the primary result of activating cellular proliferation and/or differentiation. This activation creates key signaling between cells. They are responsible for communication between cells, turning cell activity on or off, cell division, cell growth, cells production of collagen, blood vessels and elastin, and repairs and removes damaged cells.
The key roles of growth factors include:
- Minimizing scarring.
- Reducing inflammation and redness of skin trauma.
- Collagen and elastin production.
- Peptide chemical messaging between cells.
- Activating immune cells, such as natural killer cells and macrophages.
- Increasing cellular proliferation and differentiation.
- Promoting blood vessel formation (Angiogenesis).
- Creating homeostasis in the cell community, which is an optimum condition for healthy cells.
- Helping increase production of hyaluronic acid.
In this way growth factors target:
- Collagen, a protein that provides strength and structure to the skin. As we age we lose collagen.
- Elastin that gives the skin resilience. With the loss of elastin and collagen the skin becomes thinner and more fragile.
- Inflammation, which is a localized condition in which the body becomes swollen, red, hot and sometimes painful.
- New Cell Turnover: the skin being the largest organ in the body is constantly renewing skin cells. With the aging process the skin becomes thinner and loses moisture.
The benefits of Growth Factors are that they aid in repairing damaged skin and improve its elasticity and resilience. These benefits include
- Speeding up recovery after clinical procedures.
- Helping stimulate the skin’s own renewal mechanism by increasing hydration.
- Reducing fine lines, wrinkles, sun/age spots, hyper-pigmentation, and crow’s feet.
- Helping with oxidative stress, skin aging, enlarged pores, loss of elasticity and thinning of the facial skin.
- Increasing the number of fibroblasts (cells that produce collagen) and keratinocytes (top layer of skin).
We at Shire Facial Plastic Surgery in Chattanooga, TN, have now integrated Human Growth Factor products in our Skin Care Program and are offering Human Growth Factor delivery via micro needling for more advanced and therapeutic treatment for the skin.
Call Dr. Shire now at (423) 870-3223 to schedule an appointment to be evaluated for the latest and best skin care program available anywhere.
Shire Facial Plastic Surgery is located at 6151 Shallowford Road in Chattanooga Tn.
Please visit our website at plasticsurgeryartist.com